CODE OF CONDUCT
Nexon America Inc. - CODE OF CONDUCT
Updated 19 October 2016 for clarification.
Effective Date: 19 October 2016
When you become a part of the Nexon community, you are joining millions of players worldwide. We understand that with a large player base, disputes and misunderstandings can arise from time to time and our in-game/online staff will do their best to resolve these issues as they happen.
There are a number of activities on the forums or in-game that can result in Nexon taking disciplinary action against your account; including but not limited to incidents of community disruption, violation of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”), the Terms of Service (“ToS”) or any other action which Nexon, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems inappropriate. This Code of Conduct should be read in conjunction with the policies and agreements (found
here) which govern your use of Nexon’s games and interactive services.
This Code of Conduct outlines the rules that you need to follow to help ensure that Nexon’s games, forums and other interactive services are safe and fun for everyone. It is not meant to be an exhaustive list and Nexon reserves the right to modify it at any time.
- Your Use of the Services Generally
- You will not use our games or interactive services for any unlawful purpose or in any manner not intended by Nexon.
- You will use our games and interactive services in a manner that is respectful of all other players.
- Technical Restrictions
- You will not use our games or interactive services to transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, defects, data bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature.
- You will not engage in spamming or flooding.
- You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights notices contained in our games or interactive services.
- You will not "frame" or "mirror" any part of our games, websites or interactive services without our prior written authorization.
- You will not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine" or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the games or interactive services, or any content contained therein.
- You will not harvest or collect information about the games or interactive services, visitors to our websites, users of our games or interactive services, without our prior express written consent.
- You will not download, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, modify, distribute or publicly display any of the content or information contained in our games, interactive services or websites without our prior express written consent.
- You will not host, provide matchmaking services for, emulate or redirect the communications protocols used by us (or our designees) as part of the games or interactive services, including, without limitation, by protocol emulation, tunneling, reverse engineering, packet sniffing, re-routing, looping, modifying the game software or using a program to host a game.
- You will not restrict or inhibit any other individual from using the services, including, without limitation, by means of "hacking" or defacing any portion of the services.
- You will not institute an attack upon any server used in connection with our services or otherwise attempt to disrupt such servers.
- You will not exploit errors in design or features which are not documented and/or bugs to gain access that would otherwise not be available or to obtain any competitive advantage.
- You will not modify the software made available to you, either as part of a game or an interactive service, to change the service. This includes, without limitation, creating cheats and/or hacks or using third-party software to access files we make available to you.
- You will not reverse engineer, packet sniff, decompile or disassemble all or any portion of our games or interactive services.
- You will not engage in using macros (e.g., "macroing"), auto-looting or robot play (i.e., "botting") or any other behavior that allows you (or any character you are controlling) to automatically function or effect any action in a game with or without your presence.
- You will not use "packet sniffing," scripting and/or macroing software for any purpose whatsoever, or otherwise monitor the data streams generated by our games and interactive services.
- Improper Communications
- You will not publish or share in any way personal information of other users (such as real names, physical addresses, IP addresses, email addresses, phone numbers or credit card numbers). This information could be used by others for illegal or harmful purposes. You are entirely responsible for the security of your account information and personally identifiable information.
- You will not express or imply that any statements you make or actions you take are endorsed by Nexon.
- You will not sell, advertise or post information on hacks, private servers (including sources thereof), or gold farming for games or interactive services; and you will not advertise, post information on or sell hacks for any other software or websites.
- You will not use the games or interactive services to transmit any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication.
- Any non-game-related conversation that takes up a substantial amount of the forum, chat or in-game chat space and prevents users from finding game-related information may be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Infringement of Intellectual Property or Other Proprietary Rights.
- Unauthorized use of another person or entity’s intellectual property is not allowed; including but not limited to software, music, art or other material protected by copyright, trademark or patents.
- You will not use the games or interactive services to transmit any material, non-public information about companies without the authorization to do so.
- You will not impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate that you are a Nexon employee or a representative of Nexon (including a GM), or attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent Nexon or any Nexon partner or affiliate.
- You will not engage in rude, unlawful, harassing, vulgar, obscene, hateful, threatening, abusive or otherwise objectionable behavior, including, without limitation, intentionally looting, intentionally kill stealing, making sexual or other inappropriate comments.
- You will not harass, abuse, bully, spam, scream at, threaten or stalk other users or encourage other players to do so.
- You will not encourage harm or violence against people or animals, or promote self-harm in any manner.
- You will not create or share any of the following through our games or interactive services:
- Anything of a sexual or provocative nature;
- Content that a reasonable person would consider to be adult or borderline adult in nature; or
- Content that generally falls under the category of pornography.
- You will not attempt to obtain a password or other private account information from any other person or user of the Service.
- Prohibited Use of the Games and Interactive Services
- You will not exploit our games or interactive services for any commercial purpose, including but not limited to the buying or selling of accounts, NX or in-game items, or the provision of "power leveling" services.
- You will not create or share any content that facilitates or promotes illegal gambling, illegal content, pornography, piracy, online pharmacies, illegal drugs or criminal activities.
- You will not create or share any content that instructs users how to make bombs, weapons, drugs, illegal, illicit or dangerous items, or that solicits involvement in behavior or organizations that are violent or illegal under applicable laws.
- You will not create or share any content that facilitates or promotes underage drinking, consumption of illegal drugs or socially irresponsible behavior due to alcohol or drug consumption (e.g., drinking and driving).
- You will not create or share any content that facilitates, promotes or contains terrorist threats or activities.
- You will not create or share any content that facilitates, promotes viruses or malware.
- You will not create or share any content that facilitates or promotes identity theft.
- Consequences of Violations
If you violate the Code of Conduct, Nexon may take actions it deems appropriate to address the violation(s), including but not limited to temporary suspensions, permanent character/game bans or permanent IP blocks (prohibiting your access to any Nexon game or interactive service).
NEXON IS NOT OBLIGATED TO SEND YOU A WARNING BEFORE THESE ACTIONS OCCUR. If your account is suspended while you are participating in a tournament or competition, Nexon assumes no liability in the loss of any potential prizes or recognition related to the tournament or competition.
Nexon is not obligated to monitor every post or activity, but has the right to remove any post or take action against any user. Furthermore, Nexon reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any user-created content, account, or device from the games or interactive services for actions determined to be in violation of this Code of Conduct or Terms of Service.
UPON RECEIVING A PERMANENT BAN, ALL CONTENT LICENSES AND NX BALANCES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SUSPENDED ACCOUNT ARE FORFEITED.